Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My back round

I jsut relised i have gone through 56 post with out welling you about my backround. SO i guess i will tell you about it.

Ok so scens as long as i have been in school i have never been good at it. In kindergarden i can rember stayting after with the teacher to do work. At this peiont i didn't knew i had dyslexia. Nether did my parents or teachers. IN the summer betwen Kindergarden and 1st grade i had a tuter for reading. In 1st grade by the end of the year i was asked to be held back. FOr dailing more thwen one coures All of iths was made wores by me going to a privet school wich was very smalll and had no specil Ed help. Wich meas no one even saspectide i had Dyslexai. The hact was made evne wors buy how my school was in to lituter adn we had to read 4 books a year. THat may not seem like alot byt to a Kid with dlsexia it is a ton of frustration and alot of reading. Oh and sens my school loved reading so much thay didn think that was unufe books for us to reafd so we had to doo a reading thing. WE would have books on a list to read and depending on the leght of the book it would be woth serton pionts. Have dyslexai classicle knew as rading disorde made all oh f this so mcu heasry...........I wish. I t mead it all harder. I cna sitll rember countles times of read geting word id dn't knew siting there for fowever long. And finly spelling the word to my mom, and haveing havein my LITTLE sister easly figure out what the word is. I can rember get frustrated adn not being abley to walk away from the book cosue i kneew due the next day. None of that gelped at all. It hasn't help with be a Christan becosue of cosrs the Bible Has huge woreds. So back ontraeack.

Notihng got better my multiblecatin tables istill mess up. I leanr d that in 2nd grade. In second grade at lesti wasn't held back. In 3rd grade over Christmas break i was tested for dyslexia and my parents told me i had it. It was a relf but then gean it wans't. Agen small privet school that loves liture and teacher who some didn't have a teacheing dagre let alone a specil ed adujucation. Mean diffrent things were tried. And still failer fouund me bad grade and a D in spelling for 4th grade were anying OH and one tihng i hated so much was the shart on the wall you knew the ones that siald how well you were doing. Yeah i was never doing bettrer then anyo one els. ijsut hated those becosue thay always made me fell stupid.

In 5th grade it was better my teacher new better ways to help me with spelling and i sometimes even got A's but it still was frustrating becsoue i knew that i coudn't take test like ever one els and get the grade i want. She gave me a spelling test in wich i wouldl mach half the word with the other half. It was halenging at times especil sense it was out prtest dan she did not want us to studie for it. But i realinjopyd that techer and was luckunfe to have her For half 6th grade.

I moveied midew year adn wnet to a school were thay went so shere about it but did have a specil helps romm. Were the teachr was willing to lern I take only 12 woreds insted of the
normal 20.

Ever sense i was dignosed with Dyslexia ever one has jsut cept it as a problum with spelling but it can be so mch more and is. I mix up number s cant rember multiplication ables and have problums with math and reading. I take normal test with normal students. But the test i cant the smae way. Like i can read the qustion and no the ansere but some times i jsut dont understadn the qustion. THis school year hasn't been the best becouse i am geting fed up with help, and becosueof my math teacher. When ever i ask a qustion she makes me fell dumb. Im not shere if she looks down on me becosue of dyslexia. But she just anys me

So that is my back round jsut thoufght you all should knew

9 comments:

Jesusfreak said...

good post... and it is just cool to hear your point of view on your background... idk how else could know u better then you... :)

The Unknown said...

THanks i dont knew i jsut thought well what can i aralk about and i relise di hadnt told you like about my back round

Jesusfreak said...

and it's cool to hear that...

Jennifer said...

Hi again! Today is my day to post on your blog! :)

Have you ever let your teacher's know how you felt now that you are not going to the Private school anymore?

I know that your 5th/6th teacher would feel very encouraged that she was able to help you! I might have to send her an email with your blog link so she can check it out!

Just know that you are going through all of this for a reason...remember that GOD is in control of your life and that he is with you every step of the way. Maybe someday you will be helping more people understand how difficult it really is to be dyslexic! And helping kids just like you get a better education by helping their teachers understand how they need to teach & test to make the dylexic students successful!

Hang in there, my friend! You are an inspiration to many of us, because of your dilligence!

I miss you & getting to come hang out with you & the family!

The Unknown said...

No I havent told any teacher ny of this. She was a helpful teacher inded. But i jsut never told her. THankfuly a friend has taht me there is a plane for my life and is there for me alot. I tihnk it would be cool to inform pople about dyslexia and that it isn't something to be over looked.

The Unknown said...

Well i ithnk if mabey i show my back round and tell people mine mabey thay can relise it is a bigger deal then thay think

chocogirl39 said...

that was really cool...

The Unknown said...

thanks i didn;t tihnk it was that cool but ok

The Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.