Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lables

You know one thing i hate about dyslexia is the word dyslexia. I bet some of you are just like what in the world. Just cep Reading and let me explain.

Ok just roll with me for a second. I have a friend who's cousin has ADD. Which means for those of you who don't knew she has trouble with paying attention. Not just like a little allot. That is just the quick definition. So back to the story. So ever time my friend talk about her cousin she goes my cousin the one with ADD. And it bugs me to death because she replaces her cousin name with a disability.

I haven't told her i have dyslexia and that is one of the things that is relay stooping me. I never want to be you knew my friend with dyslexia. Yes dyslexia is a part of me . But it doesn't define me it is not my name it is not who i fully am. Of cours it is a part of my but is not ME. Yeah i think about it allot and yeah it can be noticeable but i don't ever want to be you knew as my friend with dyslexia did the funnest thing today.

There is a reason for me not liking to have dyslexia diffing me. It's because when that word is put with me sisited automatically looks down on me and says"Oh well you are not striving for the same things as us" "Thall be happy if thay get all C's or thay don't mind if thay nave this job." Society excepts me to go in to a cure that requires no weighting and little thinking. Thay think i will be ok with strata C's and not think i want the same as ever one els. I want strata A's. But i am use to not getting what i want This is what i say school is served to some people on a gold platter. Which means thay are naturally smart. For me it is on a rusted out corroded platter that no one wants. Wouldn't it just tick sisided of if I decided i would take that and make it a butful one. Say I'm not smart in school but different things. Suicide doesn't see me thay see dyslexia.

THay think i will setl well i wont. I'll work for that goal and prove to them Dyslexia cant define me. So dyslexia want be me just Peace of me.

10 comments:

Jesusfreak said...

good point and great post!

The Unknown said...

uh thanks

Jesusfreak said...

yup... your welcome! :)

chocogirl39 said...

your so right... even though dyslexia is part of your life, it can't define you... there is so much more to you than that! (Jesusfreak and I know much about this)

Jesusfreak said...

It's not the whole you, yes it is a part of you, but there is a lot more to you then it! My awesome DJ! Okay... not mine... but whatever you know what I mean...

The Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Unknown said...

uh thanks i guess

Jesusfreak said...

your welcome... :)

The Unknown said...

Uh yeah Any one og tsometihn for me to talk about?

Christy said...

D.J.,

Thanks for this post. I am planning to print it out and share it with teachers at my school. Sometimes teachers are so pressed to "present material" that they miss the point. Your feelings came through loud and clear. No one wants to go to a place every day where they try their hardest and still feel dumb. I'm sorry that has been your experience some of the time.

I wanted to share this web site with you: http://www.spelling.org/free/1st%208%20days%20FREE.htm
The lessons are in sequential spelling. I use this same style to present spelling to my students. You don't necessarily need to order the program, because once you get the hang of it, you can do it with lots of word families. (i.e. -at, -uck, -ick, etc.) No more than 4 words a day, though...

The other thing I wanted to tell you is that you write very well. Your sentence structure is good and flows in such a way that it is very easy for me to interpret what you are saying despite your spelling difficulties. I can't tell you what a plus this is. I work with some students who have great difficulty understanding sentence structure, and have the spelling difficulties. You are going to be just fine. Just keep right on writing!

The other thing I might suggest is writing in cursive. I know this sounds strange, but I really believe that cursive writing helps the brain process phonemes differently than print.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog.

Namaste',
Christy